LIVING FOR GOD

 MENTORING DAY 1/30


 TOPIC: LIVING FOR GOD

 TEXT: Galatians 2:20 KJV; I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave Himself for me.


It's a privilege for us all to know Christ and it's a great one to be willing to know Him more and please Him. Firstly, I'll like to discuss a little about this LIFE we have received. When we gave our lives to Christ, we meant that we surrendered our sinful and past life to Him. Then He washed us from all our sin and guilt and redeemed us by His precious blood. Alleluia!. Yes, He then gave us a new Life. This new life is the Life of God (Zoey). Now on receiving this life, we ought to please Him and use this life for His glory. But the Bible in Romans 8:8-9 says "So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God. But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of His."


The Spirit of God now dwells in the inside of you and wants to transform you, because you cannot live for God on your own, in your own power. It's the Holy Spirit ability in you. All you have to do is 

1: purpose in your Heart with strong determination that you are ready and willing to live for God 

2: Ask the Holy Spirit for help.

3: You need to pray always as you study the Word of God. Romans 8:13 says For if you live according to [the dictates of] the flesh, you will surely die. But if through the power of the [Holy] Spirit you are [habitually] putting to death (making extinct, deadening) the [evil] deeds prompted by the body, you shall [really and genuinely] live forever._

4: Yield to the help, power and dictate of the Holy Spirit.


Prayer charge: God I have decided, purposed in my heart and I'm strongly determined to live for you. Deliver me from temptations, guide my path, teach me your way and help me to live for you. Thank you Father, I love you Jesus. Amen.


God bless ❤️

Comments