LOVE - PART 1

     I greet you all this day, its a pleasure to have you here, and my prayer by the grace and mercies of God is that The Spirit of God opens our eyes to God's way and will and help us harken diligently unto them. Love originated from God our Father, from creating us in His own image to sending His only begotten Son, who also greatly loves us to die for the sins of the world. We further see another extent to which God loves us in I John 3:1 KJV; Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God. The privilege of sonship as we can see, is a dimension of God's Love that makes us wonder, this manner of Love is a grace; and we thank the Father always for this. Since our Father is a loving God, and He wants us to be like Him, therefore it is a commandment that we love. Jesus Christ, when He was on earth was asked about the greatest commandment, this was His reply Matthew 22:37-39 KJV : Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. vs38; This is the first and great commandment. vs39; And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. As born again believers we are told to Love; firstly God, and then our neighbours. This kind of love known as Agape love not lust of the heart and the flesh which is interpreted as love in this world today. How do we love God?, John 14:15,21 KJV says If ye love me, keep my commandments. vs21; He that hath my commandments and keeps them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him. Keeping God's commandments is loving Him, very simple. But Jesus wants us to demonstrate this Love the same way He did. In John 15:9-17 KJV; vs9: As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love. vs12 says This is my commandment, that ye love one another, as I have loved you. vs17 says These things I command you that ye love one another. [see the whole reading yourself]. As we study the scriptures through the help of The Holy Spirit, There are more and more bible references to help us understand and affirm in us the reason and the importance of love. The bible says in John 15:13 KJV, Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. Christ has first loved us even before we did and He demonstrated a part of this Love by dieing for our sins!. Will you neglect his Love and his commandment today? or you will come to Him, receiving his love and continuing therein?. The Holy Spirit will therefore continue His Work, Amen!.

PRAYER POINT:

Lord Jesus, I come to you today, give me the spirit of Love:

1: To Love you with all my heart and soul and mind and keep your commandments,

2: To love my neighbor and those around me whether family or friends or foe. Amen!

WORD OF DECLARATION:

As I love God, and love my neighbors, God's Love and manifestation breathes on me. Amen.  

Comments

Post a Comment